Farm History

“The Kilroe family purchased a parcel of land in 1857 and later donated it to be used as the site of the Kilroe Seminary of the Priests of the Sacred Heart in 1955. The Seminary closed in 1971 and it remained empty until it was purchased by the Himalayan Institute of Glenview, Illinois in 1977.”  Wayne County Historical Society  (link)


UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dd3 copydyberry-thorn